When you purchase any products or services made available by BlueOwl, or use any apps or software published by BlueOwl, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy and to the collection and use of information as described herein.
Who This Policy Applies To
This Policy applies to personally identifiable information about users of BlueOwl’s apps and services. Personally identifiable information means information that is not publicly available and is related to an identified individual. Personally identifiable information does not include anonymized data or de-identified data.
What Personally Identifiable Information We Collect and How
We collect personally identifiable information in different ways. For example:
- We gather personally identifiable information from your use of our mobile applications, interactions with our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements;
- We gather personally identifiable information from your transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, customer support interactions, and/or app usage.
- We gather the personally identifiable information you choose to provide to us, such as providing your name and birth date in our app;
- We may collect personally identifiable information from non-affiliated third-party sources for marketing, analytics, and personalization purposes;
BlueOwl mobile applications collect data from your mobile device,
including but not limited to:
- Accelerometer, GPS, and gyroscope data;
- Operating system and phone carrier;
- Your location, including second-by-second movement;
- Interactions with other features within the phone while the app is installed.
BlueOwl website properties and mobile applications may use common tracking technologies like browser cookies, “Local Shared Objects” (such as “Flash” cookies), analytical tools, device IDs, or other technologies. We also collect certain technical information about the device you use to access our site or services, such as user-agent, time stamp, hardware type, language and time zone settings, IP address, OS type and version, and installed fonts.
How We Protect Personally Identifiable Information
We are committed to protecting privacy and security. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personally identifiable information. We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect BlueOwl personally identifiable information. In addition, we regularly review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
We retain personally identifiable information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
We use personally identifiable information to:
- Provide our apps and services to you, and allow you to access and use them;
- Communicate with you, including to confirm your identity and service your accounts;
- Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions;
- Enhance your customer experience and develop and improve our products and services;
- Offer you other BlueOwl products and services;
- Offer you access to products and services from BlueOwl affiliates;
- Perform other activities as required or permitted by law.
Additionally, we use personally identifiable information to develop either anonymized data or de-identified data by making reasonable efforts to remove any identifying information so the information is no longer personally identifiable information. We develop this data for certain purposes, such as analysis to understand more about our customers and our industry, or for other commercial purposes. We share and use this data with third-party service providers, or with other affiliated or unaffiliated entities as permitted by law.
How We Share Personally Identifiable Information
We will not share your personally identifiable information without your express permission, except as described below. We do not sell personally identifiable information.
We share personally identifiable information, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you, with our affiliates including, but not limited to the HiRoad Assurance Company. In addition, we share personally identifiable information with affiliates and with non-affiliates:
- For our everyday business purposes;
- As permitted and as required by law;
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit;
- As needed to protect against fraud or unauthorized transactions;
- In connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Some web browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature which sends a signal to websites you visit which indicates you do not wish to be tracked. BlueOwl’s websites are not designed to respond to these signals. However, you have other options to control tracking, as outlined in the “Your Choices and Controls” section below.
Your Choices and Controls
You can use some BlueOwl services without creating an account, purchasing our products or services, or otherwise submitting information like your name or email address to us. You can also limit the information you share with third parties while using our products and services, for example by choosing not to use Google or Facebook authentication.
We offer you choices about the types of marketing you may receive from us. For example, we may provide settings in our apps which you can use to specify your marketing preferences, and we will include unsubscribe options in marketing emails we send.
Additionally, BlueOwl uses third-party analytics and advertising companies to provide services to you on our platform, such as ads tailored to your preferences. If you don’t want to take advantage of these services, you may be able to opt-out of some of them by visiting http://www.aboutads.info or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
These choices don’t apply to mandatory communications related to BlueOwl services, such as important account-related notices.
If you are using a web browser to access BlueOwl products or services, your browser may provide controls to reject, manage, and delete cookies; or to manage other similar technologies such as HTML5 or Flash.
If you block cookies on your browser, certain website features may not work, including mechanisms used to honor advertising opt-out choices you may make.
TO LIMIT THE SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION BY AND BETWEEN AFFILIATES OF BLUEOWL
We share personally identifiable information with our affiliates. If you prefer to limit sharing of certain types of information, such as application information, send an email to email@example.com
Residents of Nevada
Nevada law requires us to disclose that you may elect to be placed on our internal “do not call” list should you wish not to receive marketing calls from BlueOwl. If you have already been placed on our internal “do not call” list please disregard this notice. You may request to be placed on BlueOwl’s internal “do not call” list by:
Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the following address:
One Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA, 94104
Other Important Information
To contact us with questions or concerns about this Policy, please:
One Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA, 94104
© Copyright, BlueOwl, LLC, 2019
Last updated: 01/17/2020